CCGG Workforce Preparedness Policy Forum
OCTOBER 30, 2015 | 9:00am – 12:00pm
The number of Californians aged 65 and older is projected to more than double by 2040. As a result, California’s older adults need for health and social services will increase. CCGG’s policy forum will discuss our state’s long-term care system, recent initiatives from the State Assembly’s Aging and Long-Term Care Committee, and the educational competencies needed to serve the older adult population. Participants will engage in an interactive discussion of action items that will empower them to act on one activity to help prepare our elder care workforce in California.
- Joseph Rodrigues – State Long-Term Care Ombudsman, California Department of Aging
- Assembly Member Cheryl Brown – Chair, California Assembly Committee on Aging and Long-Term Care
- Representative, California Senate Committee on Aging and Long Term Care (invited)
- University of Southern California, Gerontology Building, Room 224
- 3715 McClintock Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90089