2016 CCGG Awards Nominations Call Coming Soon!
Each year CCGG honors faculty members, scholars and businesses/organizations for outstanding excellence and contributions to the field of aging in California. Nomination forms and deadlines will be posted in the coming months.
Please review our 2015 Awardees below! Tara Gruenewald, PhD of USC presented the awards during the Business Meeting.
Laura Trejo, MSG, MPA is the recipient of The Lifetime Achievement Award recognizing her years of outstanding achievements in gerontology and geriatrics. She exemplifies leadership in areas such as academic scholarship, education, administration, policy, research and practice while contributing to the future of older adults.
Barbara White, DrPH, RN, AGNP is the recipient of The Betty and James E. Birren Senior Scholar Award recognizing her contributions to research and education that promote the advancement of gerontology and/or geriatrics in California as fields of study in California. Throughout their professional lives as scholars, Betty and James E. Birren have established in California an academic environment of excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and mentorship that has received international recognition as a model of gerontology and geriatrics in higher education. This award recognizes Dr. White’s contributions similar to those valued by the Birrens.
Yongjie Yon, MA is the recipient of The Betty and James E. Birren Emerging Leadership Award recognizing his accomplishments in promoting the advancement of gerontology and/or geriatrics as fields of study in California.
Thomas Safran and Associates is the recipient of the Business Advancement Award recognizing their response to the unique needs of older adults through innovative business practices, including the use of gerontologists in planning and administration. Analee Villalpando and Patrick Beck accepted the award from Thomas Safran and Associates.
Trena Duong is the recipient of the David A. Peterson Student Award recognizing her outstanding achievements during her education in gerontology. Throughout his professional life as an educator, Dr. Peterson fostered the desire for excellence in scholarship, teaching, and service. This award recognizes students who exemplify those qualities as valued by Dr. Peterson.
Past CCGG Awardees
The Lifetime Achievement Award:
- Senator John Vasconcellos (2003)
- Joy Glenner (2006)
- Jeanne Bader, PhD (2007)
- Monika White, PhD (2008)
- Lynn Daucher (2009)
- Barbara Gillogly, PhD (2010)
- Jane Haas (2011)
- JoAnn Damron-Rodriguez, PhD, LCSW (2012)
- Phoebe Liebig, PhD (2013)
- W. June Simmons, MSW (2014)
- Laura Trejo, MSG, MPA (2015)
The Betty and James E. Birren Senior Scholar Award:
- Phebe Liebig, PhD (2005)
- Fernando Torres-Gil, PhD (2005)
- Janet C. Frank, DrPH (2006)
- Gwen Yeo, PhD (2007)
- Rosalie Gilford, PhD (2008)
- Pauline Abbott, EdD (2009)
- Jon Pynoos, PhD (2010)
- Janet Morris, JD (2011)
- Eileen Crimmins, PhD (2012)
- Joan J. Branin, PhD (2013)
- Steven P. Wallace, PhD (2014)
- Barbara White, DrPH, RN, AGNP (2015)
The Betty and James E. Birren Emerging Leadership Award:
- Debra Sheets, PhD (2005)
- Elise Carey, MD (2007)
- Anna Chang, MD (2008)
- Ellis Waller-Walker (2009)
- Helen Kao, MD (2010)
- Maria Claver, PhD (2011)
- Susan Enguidanos, PhD, MPH (2012)
- Tara Gruenewald, PhD (2013)
- William (Casey) Goeller, MSG, MS (2014)
- Yongjie Yon, MA (2015)
Business Advancement Award:
- The SCAN Foundation (2010)
- The Episcopal Home Communities (2012)
- be.group (2013)
- LeadingAge California (2014)
- Thomas Safran and Associates (2015)
David A. Peterson Student Award:
- Echo Chang (2005)
- Lisa Michele Young, MD (2006)
- Caroline Cicero (2008)
- Trina Sauceda (2009)
- Jan Albert (2010)
- Karla Gustafson (2011)
- Alexis Coulourides-Kogan (2012)
- Patrick Beck, MSG (2013)
- Christine Weber, MSG (2014)
- Trena Duong (2015)